Advert Ref: RMQ800
Advert Title: Admissions Clerk
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R16,500 - R33,000
Closing Date: 3 November 2023
La Lucia Private Hospital is looking for suitably qualified customer-orientated person to provide timeous, efficient front-line service to patients and visitors. The position encompasses pre-admission, admission, reception, data capture and switchboard duties, ensuring a friendly stress-free admission process and frontline patient liaison. The job also includes the accurate capturing of patient data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accurately capture all relevant patient information pertaining to patient admission ensuring 100% compliance in all admission processes on SAP system.
• Assist with pre-admission of patients as necessary
• Ensure professional and friendly when dealing with internal and external customers
• Responsible for the marketing of the department and services offered to admitting doctors and follow up with non-compliance.
• Assist with admission internal audits and quality reviews pertaining to department needs.
• Assist with adhoc duties as and when instructed by the line manager thus ensuring you promote a harmonious team effort within the department.
• Maintain effective relationships with all internal and external customers, and ensure all actions promote customer service excellence.
• Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of La Lucia Hospital.
• Computer literate – must be accurate and pay attention to details
• Proactive, organised and able to multitask and work well under pressure
• Assist with the WCA & RAF
• Participative and able to work as part of the team & Professional in appearance
• Minimum Grade 12 (Matric)
• At least 2 years work experience in a hospital environment.
• Customer-oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills