DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION SERVICES
Advert Ref: RMQ860
Advert Title: Director of Rehabilitation Services
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R20,000 - R35,000
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
The Director of Rehabilitation Services supervises the Occupational, Speech, and Physical Therapy staff
who, under physician prescription, evaluate and treat patients of all ages. The Director is responsible for
overall supervision, coordination and administration of the department activities. The Director is
expected to follow hospital philosophy in administering department services and fulfilling community
1. Acts as a liaison between Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy,
Administration, Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, and the community representing the department at
2. Maintains a staff of sufficient number to effectively provide quality care for patients of all ages.
3. Trains new personnel.
4. Provides opportunity for development and professional growth of staff.
5. Evaluates professional and non-professional services supplied by the department.
6. Coordinates Rehabilitation Services with other hospital disciplines.
7. Maintains records and reports concerning department financial status. Prepares information for
8. Conducts annual staff performance evaluations.
9. Provides direct care to patients of all ages, as needed.
10. Is responsible for remaining current in Rehabilitation trends and new developments.
11. Promotes a safe and clean environment for staff and patients of all ages, through in-service
12. Conducts regular staff meetings.
13. Prepares quarterly Quality Assurance Reports and reports findings to QA Committee.
14. Conducts marketing activities to promote referrals.
1. The Director of Rehabilitation Services must be a graduate of an approved school of
Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, or Physical Therapy, with a Bachelor of Science or Arts
2. Must be currently licensed in Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, or Physical Therapy
3. Must have three to five years of clinical experience with at least one year of supervisory
4. Inpatients: Medium- Is considered generally lifting not more than 22 kg. maximum with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 9 kg.
5. Outpatients: Light- Is considered generally lifting not more than 9 kg. maximum and with frequent
lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 5 kg.
Interested Applicants who meet the requirements may apply here on our website or use the email address of La Lucia Hospital HR Manager STELLA VAN ROOY [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Applicants will be conducted shortly, Should you not be contacted in 14 days of your application, Please consider your application unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in our healthcare group.