Advert Ref: RMQ869
Advert Title: Nutrition Assistant
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R18,000 – R29,000
Closing Date: 5 May 2023
We are seeking a dedicated Nutrition Assistant to support our nutritionist in providing patients with healthy meals. In this role, your duties will include obtaining dietary information from patients, determining nutritional needs, and observing patients for signs of diet-related complications.
To ensure success, Nutrition Assistants should possess experience in a similar role and the ability to obtain accurate dietary information. A top-notch Nutrition Assistant will be someone who can proactively help nutritionists to improve patients' well-being through excellent dietary support.
• Providing dieticians with the facility's meal and menu planning.
• Obtaining dietary information and assessing the nutritional habits of patients.
• Recording individual risk factors or dietary restrictions that might impact meal planning.
• Coordinating meal plans with nutritionists and healthcare professionals.
• Performing ongoing nutrition assessments, including the measurement of caloric intake and activity levels.
• Facilitating immediate interventions for signs of malnutrition, allergic reactions, or refusal to eat.
• Assisting in meal distribution, ensuring correctly delivered, and timely served meals.
• Maintaining proper sterilization protocols in the clearing away and cleaning of plates and utensils.
• Safely discarding leftover portions to prevent the spread of disease.
• Instructing patients and families on nutrition plans and healthy eating habits.
• Associate’s Degree in Nutrition, Health, and Wellness, or a related field.
• An ADA credential as a Dietetic Technician
• A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role preferred.
• Extensive experience in obtaining dietary information and assessing requirements.
• Knowledge of meal and menu planning.
• Experience in educating patients and their families on nutrition and dietary requirements.
• Advanced ability to collaborate on nutrition plans and facilitate interventions, when required.
• Ability to follow prescribed meal provision standards and protocols.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Interested Applicants who meet the requirements may apply here on our website or use the email address of La Lucia Hospital HR Manager STELLA VAN ROOY [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Applicants will be conducted shortly, Should you not be contacted in 14 days of your application, Please consider your application unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in our healthcare group.