Advert Ref: RMQ819
Advert Title: Switchboard Operator
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R18,000 - R36,000
Closing Date: 24 February 2023
The Switchboard Operator is responsible for answering the incoming calls in a professional and friendly manner as well as liaising and communicating at all levels and to adapt and respect all cultures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• To answer incoming, internal and designate outgoing calls in a professional and pleasant manner
• Liaise and communicate with doctors, executive personnel, public and colleagues
• Be able to designate complaints to relevant channels
• Confidentiality is of utmost importance
• Keep abreast with all relevant information and contingency plans
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Rules and emergencies
• To assist with overtime when necessary
• Operating a busy Switchboard
• Facilitate telephone calls in and out of the department
• Log calls for hospital staff and patients where required
• Log calls for faulty switchboard lines.
SKILLS PROFILE EDUCATION
• Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
• 1-2 years working experience in the same position Essential.
• Working experience in private healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous,
• Working experience on SAP will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Telephone Management Systems advantageous.
• Computer literacy ( Microsoft office) essential,
• Good interpersonal and communication skills,
• Must be able to function effectively independently,
• Fluent communication in English essential.
Interested Applicants who meet the requirements of the advert may apply here using this job portal. Candidates will be conducted shortly, Should you not be contacted in 14 days of your application, Please consider your application unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in our hospital.