Advert Ref: RMQ853
Advert Title: Biologist
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R27,000 – R42,000
Closing Date: 5 May 2023
We are looking for a skilled, collaborative Biologist to join our team in conducting research, performing experiments, and gaining a better understanding of the organisms we observe. The Biologist will assist with field research by taking measures, collecting samples, performing tests, and analyzing results to learn more about organisms, their composition, and dietary habits, as well as how they behave, communicate, reproduce, and relate to their environment. You should be familiar with biology, chemistry, research techniques, and laboratory procedures and equipment.
To succeed as a Biologist, you should have strong research skills. You should be collaborative, knowledgeable, analytical, observant, and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Researching, identifying, classifying and studying plants, animals, and ecosystems to expand our understanding of how they operate and relate to each other and the things around them.
• Collecting samples, taking measurements, photographing or sketching organisms, and obtaining other information that may lead to discoveries about organisms or ecosystems.
• Observing organisms to learn more about their diets, behavior, and impact on their surroundings.
• Maintaining thorough, accurate records relating to research or observations.
• Tagging and tracking animals to learn about their movements, relocating animals to wildlife preserves.
• Preparing reports, lecturing students, and presenting findings, discussing the potential environmental impact of invasive species, pest control methods, and other actions or events.
• Leading research groups, ensuring the proper distribution of tasks and resources.
• Writing papers about findings and proposals for projects or funding.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology.
• More education or experience may be preferred.
• Familiarity with specific organisms, conditions, or scientific processes may be required.
• Strong understanding of biology, chemistry, and laboratory equipment and procedures.
• Ability to work independently or with a team.
• Willingness to travel to locations to conduct research.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers, especially scientific databases.
• Leadership experience may be a plus.
Interested Applicants who meet the requirements may apply here on our website or use the email address of La Lucia Hospital HR Manager STELLA VAN ROOY [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Applicants will be conducted shortly, Should you not be contacted in 14 days of your application, Please consider your application unsuccessful and thank you for your interest in our healthcare group.